Best-Selling Author Chirag Joshi: Optimising Cybersecurity Leadership and Well-Being
Chirag Joshi, Best Selling Author of 7 Rules to Influence Behaviour and Win at Cyber Security Awareness discusses emotional intelligence
In this week’s episode of the Business of Infosec podcast, host Michelle Ribeiro is joined by Chirag Joshi, Best Selling Author of 7 Rules to Influence Behaviour and Win at Cyber Security Awareness. They lose track of time in an organic conversation around Chirag’s journey into cybersecurity and his wealth of knowledge across different countries and industry sectors.
In the discussion this week:
- The importance of moving beyond the concept of awareness by changing the culture and encouraging everyone to act
- How the CISO role has evolved from technical to advisory and the importance of developing the skills to enable them to articulate threats in a way that translates to financials and risks
- The soft skills required for the new CISO: how to develop abilities in finance, contract management, negotiation skills, change management, and more
- The CISO role has gained tremendous importance to most businesses: what are the dos and don’ts for them to meet what’s now expected of their position?
- The importance of not being a function of “no”
- Developing emotional intelligence
- Improving your story-telling skills: good stories inspire emotions, and emotions inspire people to act