Rosemary Cooper, Global Information Systems – Governance, Risk and Compliance Manager for Sonic Healthcare chats with us about data governance and data ethics
In this week’s episode of the Business of Infosec podcast, host Michelle Ribeiro is joined by Rosemary Cooper, Global Information Systems – Governance, Risk and Compliance Manager for Sonic Healthcare. Together they walk through Rosemary’s journey into IT and how a strong data governance framework can dramatically reduce cyber risks.
In the discussion this week:
- What cross-sector organisations can learn from data governance in healthcare
- The CIA Triad of Data: how to get the right balance between confidentiality, integrity and availability
- Cyber gets a lot of attention but if data governance is done well risks should be reduced
- How to put data governance in the right place and give it the right authority in an organisation
- What does a weak data governance framework look like?
- What does a good data governance model look like?
- When it comes to cybersecurity, how do you know what you have in place is effective?